How's the battery life?
- The average is about five bowls per charge.
How is the Firefly 2 with concentrates?
- Fantastic! The flavor might be some of the best we've tasted. The Firefly 2 comes with a concentrate setting that is high enough to burn dry herbs, but not hot enought to provide a dab-style of concentrate hit. It will be a concentrate session that can last many inhales. The good news is you can set it down when done and come back later due to its instant on-off heating.
How stealthy is the Firefly 2?
- We find it to be very stealthy. The whole thing fits in the pocket and is self-contained, so there is no fussing with parts before you use it. Just pull it out and start inhaling within seconds. If left out on a table when loaded, others can see into the bowl unless you turn the lid around. Just remember to turn the lid back to normal for use, as it won't work when on backwards. It doesn't look like anything else, so you might draw interest from others if you draw attention to it, but you can remove it form your pocket, us it and return it pretty quickly!
What should I do if the button stops working?
- If you find your Firefly 2 not responding to the button pushes, try removing the battery and reinserting it. This will reset the system.
Is the battery replaceable?
- Yes it is, and it comes with a spare.
How full should you pack the bowl of the Firefly 2?
- The Firefly 2 likes a full pack. What you want to avoid is it being so loose that herbs fly around in the bowl. If using a very small amount, you can put it under a concentrate pad to take up the extra space. But this would be for a very small load, as the Firefly 2's bowl is already on the small side.
How fine of a grind to use with the Firefly 2?
- The manufacturer suggests a coarse grind with a tight pack. A few users have said they like to use a fine grind, but you could also go the other direction and use it with unground herbs. This provides amazing taste and efficiency, especially on a device like this.
How fast can you draw from the Firefly 2?
- As fast as it will allow. The built in restriction makes sure you aren't drawing too quickly. There is a very low volume whistle when drawing quickly, and you'd probably want to keep it just below that.